My partner and I recently got a Vizsla puppy named Krypto. Vizslas are very energetic bird dogs and this post is really just a place for me to outline the resources and tools I'll be using to trian him. If for some reason you stumble upon this post: I'm not suggesting this is how you should raise your pup! But you might find some nuggets in here for yourself. Cheers!
- Leash training - (YouTube dewdz video)
- Potty training
- Kennel training
- Whoa! - Means stop in place. YouTube hicks video
- Heal - YouTube video with shepard
- Lay down
- Treasure Hunt
- Shell Game
- Barking at you - If your dog is barking at you completely ignore it until it is quite for several seconds then give it praise.
- Bites you - Lightly pinch snout or neck and say no, remove hands from vacinity of the dogs mouth so they can't bite, redirect by pointing out a nearby toy that the dog can bite instead. (YouTube chics video)